” I may not be where I want to be but I’m thankful for not being where I used to be.” -Habeeb Akande
As the year draws to close I am reminded of things that I am grateful for.
Feel free to add your own in the comments. I’d like that.
- An ability to laugh; it get’s me through hard times, when just crying would leave me dry.
- The most positive person I know is my Uncle Donny and he suffers through staggering MS.
- My Mom and Dad are still kickin’ and really funny.
- My sister is the complete opposite of me and thus we complement.
- I have not been called a ‘dong’ or a ‘wang’ since approx. 1986
- I have a daughter with no silly tattoos or piercings. I had to bribe her with copious amounts of cash, but it still counts.
- I live on the 9th floor of an apartment building on the backside, no early morning garbage trucks.
- I live on the 9th floor of an apartment building with a balcony that overlooks a creek. I toss muskrats potatoes, and watch ducks, geese and squirrels thrive.
- I live in an apartment building with mostly new immigrants. They exude an exuberance about just being here and are ever so polite.
- I live in an apartment building with most newly immigrants. and they are scared to call the cops when my music or tv is too loud.
- I have an Uncle who was a hermit, never learned to drive, and lived with his mom for 75 years and had little social graces. Now he lives on his own and is thriving and positive and living life grand at 79 years old, and he will talk your ear off.
- I live in Canada.
- My bedroom when I was a child was in the library.
- WordPress kinda kicks @ss.
- I was 7 when Star Wars first came out. It changed my life. Rinse, repeat.
- Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, RATM, etc
- Rock Band gave my children and cousins the opportunity to sing loud, and learn why great music lasts, and celebrate it.
- No great yearning to conform.
- I am markedly different from all others; I am unique; I am special, as you are too.